Bluffton is a great place to retire, buy a home, or take a vacation in the entire USA. There are several reasons why I think this way about this city and why people from all over the nation love visiting Bluffton.
Some of those reasons are as follows:-
It is a city with historical importance
It is a city that is important from a historical point of view.
The city was founded in 1852. This is the reason why one would witness the seamless blend between architecture from the days gone by with the modern-day structures such as –
- Art galleries
- Fine dining restaurants
- Antique shops
- Farmer’s markets and whatnot!
It is in proximity to the Hilton Head Island
Bluffton is in proximity to Hilton Head Island – one of the most popular vacation destinations in the USA since the 1950s. Apart from being home to the popular Bluffton airport, the island also plays the role of a gateway to –
- Fripp Island
- Seabrook Island
- Kiawah Island and
- The Wild Dunes of the Isle of Palms.
It has an awesome climate
Bluffton is known for its subtropical weather. Both backpackers arriving at and residents residing in Bluffton need not worry about extreme winters or summers as the average temperature does not exceed the 52 to 76 degrees range.
This is the perfect city for outdoor activities
Bluffton is riddled with –
- Lush landscapes
- Scenic natural beauty in the form of woods packed with wildlife
- Fabulous walkways
- Trails and more.
This means, whether one is in their retirement years or their late twenties, if one prefers to lead an active lifestyle after moving here or while they are on a vacation, they can easily do so.
For instance, here is a list of some of the family-friendly recreational activities as well as parks one can find in Bluffton:-
- Buckwalter Trail
- Bluffton Pool located in Beaufort County Parks and Recreation
- Buckwalter Regional Park – it is perfect for kids as it is equipped with a skateboard park and soccer fields.
- DuBois Park – if one is searching for a kid-friendly park that has swings and a playground.
- New River Trailhead Park is one of the most scenic and happening nature trails in the city.
- For lovers of basketball and baseball, the MC Riley Sports Complex has lots to offer.
Boating is also a popular leisure activity for both residents and visitors of this city. Some of the best places to quench one’s seafaring thirst are as follows –
- Calhoun St. Boat Dock – this offers access to the May River
- H.E. Trask Boat Landing – this offers access to the Colleton River
- Alloy Boat Landing – this offers access to the May River
- Oyster Factory Boat Landing – this offers access to the May River
It is best to take all the time you need when you are planning a trip to this beautiful and unique city. Whether you are coming here to explore the beaches, absorb the culture or understand why people who visit this city tend to move into the same in the future, you would need to have time in your hands. On that note, be sure to get in touch with a renowned travel agent for more details.